Monday, May 25, 2009

Relationships

Everyone has different ways of dealing with tough situations. The past weekend, I've gotten a glimpse of just how wide that scope can be. Four relationships were, and still are, on the rocks, and I've bore witness to them all.

Demotivational posters are the best. They always seem to sum up exactly how you feel and how crappy life really is. Funny how when my life is in the dumps, a large portion of my friends are feeling the same way as well.

Friday was when the relationship advice train made a very long pitstop in Steph's brain. It's passengers included big fight, not cheating by a technicality, and what the fuck just happened?. They were all some pretty big messes, and I wasn't exactly sure how I could clean any of them up. I did my best to dole out my classic love advice, but improvisions needed to be made too, as some situations were far too complex for the standard medicine.

In past years, it has always been February and March that seemed to be the worst months for relationships. There always seemed to be something about Valentine's Day and the promise of spring around the corner that sent couples down heartbreak lane. But I guess times are changing.

I wish I could do more for my friends who need some good advice, but I've given them pretty much all I can. I wish I could solve all the problems in the world single handedly, because I see simple and logical solutions to all the situations that I've been presented with this last weekend. Despite all that though, as an outsider there isn't much I can do, and I prefer not to meddle in other people's affairs. All I can offer are my thoughts and the hopes that my friends take what I have to say into consideration, given they came to me for help in the first place.

Hearing my friends vent their frustrations has made me look on my own life from different viewpoints. I've been working hard to look at my own predicament from all angles, but really hearing how other people react to problems is helpful in widening my perspective. I don't think I'm done deliberating my own life, but I would say I'm much farther along the path to a decision than I thought I would be by this point.

No comments: