The event was interesting, I have to say. I don't think I've seen more asians make fools out of themselves through performances (aside from as karaoke bar) in such a short period of time. There were only a select handful of good performances. One girl sings really well, and another one wasn't bad. The dancing groups were so far out there I'm not sure what happened, but you could tell who choreographed, because there is only one good dancer. Kind of like the pussycat dolls, only one girl can actually sing, but it requires 5 of them to make a name for themselves.
I saw uncle Wayne and aunt Lillian there, because Eric was also part of the graduating class. He was part of the lion dance group at the beginning, and also hosted the teacher's Jeopardy part way through dinner. That was exciting cus I got to talk to Jessica again since I haven't seen her in wayy too long now. Ethan got new glasses too, and he looked super snazzy. Both poh poh's were at the table too, and since I haven't been to the family functions in more than half a year now, she forgot my name! =( Oh well, Jess informs me she is always like that... forgetting things.
Anyways, the night was interesting. I didn't win a door prize (damn!), I wanted the futureshop gift cards! We left around 9ish, because the dance was only for students, the MC was pretty nice about letting us know by telling us that "everyone else has to leave".
Went home, went on the computer for a bit, went to bed, and that was the end of my weekend. Then the start of another long work week... =(
No comments:
Post a Comment