May long was an interesting weekend.
For starters, it snowed. And is currently still snowing. Ruining the plans of many people, who wanted to start on their gardening. It's so ironic, the fact that people everywhere in the city this weekend couldn't start their gardens, which would happily blossom in the following weeks. The same goes for my life. This weekend hit the bullseye of my life, if there is such a thing. It snowed heavily on my life, and now that I'm surveying the damage, I'm not sure there is anything left that can flourish.
For those of you who were contacted by me within the last 11 hours, you all know full well what it is I am discussing. For the protection of my integrity, and for certain person(s) around me, this is one of the few times I am unwilling to divulge in what happened. I have heard the stories and opinions of my best friends, and am glad that I have them on my side during this very difficult time.
Not only was I hit with a snowstorm in the middle of May, the storm brought along hurricane force winds. It knocked over the buildings I've spent the last few weeks working on, and destroyed the very foundations they were structured upon. It uprooted trees and took animals and cars for flying joyrides.
My life is reminiscent of a hurricane wreckage. The damage is extensive and widespread. The post-storm visual is horrific and disgusting. Everyone thinks that the damage is too far, and that everything is beyond repair. But at the same time we all hope that there is something that can be done to rectify what has happened, that someone will start to pick up the pieces and in a while the devastation and horror can be slowly forgotten. But before forgiveness can be granted, there must be time for reflection, and the storm must truly show remorse for the imposed upon actions.
A woman's desire for revenge outlasts all her other emotions.
- Cyril Connolly
No comments:
Post a Comment