Tuesday: Albert came over with Infernal Affairs, but Gail won out when she showed up with her entire purse full of movies for me. We watched the first disc of Infernal Affairs, but switched to watch Love Undercover after that. A story about a rookie cop Kuen (Miriam Yueng) who fails every test as a cadet, but is passed because of a shortage of police officers in HK. She is needed to go undercover to expose Hoi's (Daniel We) potential triad affiliation but ends up falling for him. The movie is an old one, but it's just like any of the other movies that Miriam has starred in. She plays a silly dumb-witted character but the plot isn't why I watch her movies. She plays the part well and is always interesting to watch.The movie turned out to be much longer than we thought, and we were all quite tired by the time ended. Gail left her pile of movies and they went home. I was tired, but I couldn't fall asleep right away since I had too much stuff to think about. I try to keep my mind occupied by constantly finding things to do, but it's always when I head to bed that all these thoughts that I've been avoiding all day long come flooding to the surface.
Wednesday: my mom called me at work and told me about some shoes she is putting on hold for me. So after dinner I went shopping with my mom, Yvonne and Michael to go look at the stuff my mom put on hold. I liked the pair of pumps so my mom bought them for me. And I finally got the black clutch that I've been shopping around forever for. It's not exactly what I wanted, but I still like it a lot and it'll go with pretty much anything. I'll probably end up using it this Saturday at Hudson's for Dan's birthday.After shopping, we went home and Mike brought another stack of movies over as well. We ended up watching TMNT because, silly me, I still haven't seen it yet. I missed the beginning because I was up and about getting my fatty greasy "I feel like shit and deserve to eat this" snacks (which coincidentally I was also eating the night before.... it has NOT been a good week for my body...). The movie was short, so we finished before 1030. I'm excited at the end off, where they hint at a sequel with the return of Shredder, potentially slated for 2010. Yay! After movie, we talked for a bit and Yvonne fretted about her job interview. My parents came back from the airport with my brother as well, so the house was a bit busy busy. Eventually Yvonne and Mike had to go home because Yvonne's mom needed her back at home. Then it was back to being alone with my thoughts. It was another night where I didn't sleep well.
Thursday: so yesterday the plan was to watch a movie with Gail, but that fell through after she told me she needs to pick up her sister at 9. There was no way we'd fit a movie in between 7 and 9, so it turned into just Albert and me. We went to the 730 showing of Angels & Demons. My brother saw it while he was in Vancouver and told me it was better than DaVinci Code but still by far a crappy movie. I have to say I sort of agreed, but Albert liked the movie. Although I don't remember the book in its entirety, I do know that there are key missing elements from the movie that I would have liked to be seen. They get the history down good, as there is much more explanation than in the DaVinci Code, but I found the movie at times repetitive and dry (how many times can you hear Tom Hanks say "this is it!" before you stop caring whether it really is it or not). The movie was also a bit gory, and there were many hide-face-in-Albert's-arm moments. Clearly I was not meant to be a doctor, and good thing too or the past 5 years of my life would have been a waste. After the movie we went back to my house and chatted for a bit before Albert had to go home.There's still the stack of movies that Gail left behind, that I need to make my way through. Not to mention season 4 of HIMYM and the rest of season 5 of House that I am slowly trudging through. I should really go to the gym too, as I haven't been there since Monday. I walked up the stairs this morning and got tired by the 8th floor.. not a good sign....
No comments:
Post a Comment