My parents arrived home from Toronto last night. I didn't pick them up because it was around 11pm that they landed, but I surely heard them when they got home. This morning I was in my room getting ready for work when my mom comes in holding a bunch of shoes and clothes asking me if I want them. Me, standing there without glasses tired as hell at 7am, cannot see a thing! So I proceed to shake my head and walk away.
I'm still tired as is, and it's noon already. It's been a heck of a morning here at work as well. I took the stairs up to the 11th floor again, because there were way too many people waiting for the elevator. I've managed to do damage control on all the work I hastily left yesterday, because our meeting went long. I've divied up some of my work to the new summer student, and I've started on my e-learning - which by the way is currently a tremendous bore.
I saw James on facebook early this morning so I messaged him. Seems like everyone has gone away on exotic and far away trips, leaving us poor souls to dwell in Edmonton. James is having fun in Tokyo, which is good to hear. He'll be back in less than 10 days, so it's only a little while more, but given he's only been gone for 5 days, it seems like a long time to wait.
I also received another text from Greg in Bali. Apparently things are very cheap there, including cell phones. I'm tempted to get another one, but I've become to picky about my electronics that I'm not so sure it's a good idea. There's nothing really wrong with my phone other than the fact that I think it's getting old, but I love how easy it is to use and the large buttons make it super easy to text even in the dark. I turned my backlight off so most of the time my buttons don't light up and I'm just too lazy to go into my settings and reset my custom settings to allow the backlight to show up all the time. Greg and Jonathon have another tour tomorrow, which I guess in their time would be in less than 10 hours. It's probably expensive to be calling and texting, but it's good to hear from him while he's abroad.
I haven't heard from Angelina, which isn't surprising to me since she is all the way in the jungles of the Amazon. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't hear from her until she returns in a few more weeks. The rest of us poor fools who are still in Edmonton get to deal with the relatively nice weather (despite forecasted rain tomorrow), and a lack of friends remaining in the city. But there are still things going on. Yvonne's birthday is coming up, and Mother's Day is this weekend as well. Plans to golf a bit over the next week, should put me at an easy pace to pass the time until those away on travel plans come back!
No comments:
Post a Comment