Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day this year, my brother and I got my mom flowers a new purse and dinner out. Since we were out golfing on actual Mother's Day, we did the dinner last night instead. We just went out to Joey's at south edmonton common, seeing as we couldn't decide where to go eat.

The place was relatively empty when we got there around 630, so we were seated right away. I didnt' like how they put us at the very end booth next to the kitchen doorway - it got progressively colder throughout dinner because there was an exit door right behind us.

Aside from that, dinner was good. I ordered the ahi tuna salad again while my brother got the lobster ravioli. My mom couldn't decide what to eat, but finally settled on getting the chicken souvlaki, at my suggestion, and of course dad got the chicken and rib combo. The food arrived pretty quickly which was a good thing since I was pretty hungry. My salad was a bit heavy on the dressing, but I think that was simply because they didn't mix the dressing in well enough, as half of my salad was dressingless.

My mom's souvlaki looked really good, and it made me wish I ordered the club med burger instead. As usual she didn't finish again, and left me to polish off her salad. That makes 2 salads for me yesterday, and it sure is a lot of lettuce to be eating in one sitting. My brother's dishes looked small but I'm sure it was quite filling, and my dad never really finishes what he orders. Overall the dinner was good though, Joeys is always a place I like to go to.

That's about the extent of my night. I went home to watch more episodes of Chuck, which is basically all I'll be doing this week, aside from when I go to the gym. Boring life! =(

No comments: