Monday, May 25, 2009

Dan's 23rd birthday - Hudson's

Saturday night was Dan's birthday party. I went to dinner with James at Shogun beforehand, to catch up and for him to tell me about his trip to Japan. I heard lots of stories, and they all gave me a very odd feeling about Japan.. almost like I wouldn't like it there if I visited. Anyways, dinner at Shogun was good. I was super hungry because we went a lot later than originally planned, and ended up ordering way too much food.... That's... totally not my fault, haha. So we packed the rest up and headed to the downtown Hudson's.

Getting there around 1015, a large group of people were already there. I saw Adam there, who I haven't seen in years now. Although we didn't talk, it was good to see him again. Hung out with Michael, Chris and Billy, and Albert showed up half an hour after I got there as well. As the (awesomely sexy, haha) picture indicates, Chris was well on the path of drunken-ness by the time I arrived.

Funny story, on the dance floor I was dancing with Chris when a girl comes up to us waving her fingers at me asking if I was single. I told her we weren't together so she asks if she can take Chris away from me to go dance with her friend, I think the name was Teresa. So she takes Chris away and I am left dancing partner-less, so I head back to the tables. I tell Michael and Billy about it and Billy gets excited about going to dance, because he wants a girl to take him away too. So we head to the dance floor, but Chris is already back. Apparently the girl was pre-occupied with texting on her phone so he ditched, but he says she was pretty hot. Dancing with me didn't score Billy a girl, so I guess it was just a one time deal.

There was a massive line outside the restaurant, and Gail was at the end of it. We were both pretty sure she wasn't gonna make it in, so she went home, and I got a ride home from Michael. I was pretty tired, as it was a very long night. It wasn't from being out at the bar, but it was from the other circumstances surrounding Saturday night that made it so exhausting. I'll write about it in another post, but it seems that May has not been a very nice month to relationships. I don't think in a 24 hour period I have gotten more phone calls from friends seeking relationship advice, ever. Ironic how life is - when your life is down in the pits, apparently the people close to you have crappy periods as well.

No comments: