Thursday, December 24, 2009

Surprise, mom!

So everyone knew that my flight back to Edmonton was the morning of Christmas Eve. What only a few were privy to learn though, was that that wasn't actually my flight.

I had originally booked my trip home to be on Christmas Eve, but what I did about a month before, was switch my flight home from the 24th to the 23rd. I did this in order to surprise my mom for her birthday (on the 23rd), and also because I know she wasn't too happy about me flying back so close to Christmas day.

The plan:
Albert picks me up from the airport and we hang out for the day, doing whatever it is I need to do to get ready to go home (buy last minute Christmas things, etc.). My brother booked a dinner reservation for 5 people, without my mom knowing, since he was in on the plan.

Action:
We showed up at home around 5, but my mom was in the shower. So much for Albert pretending to bring a "present" (me) for my mom. So we waited inside. I hid all my stuff in my brother's computer room and waited behind the small wall indent next to the kitchen. My mom came downstairs cus she heard some noise, thinking it was my dad coming home. Albert was in the kitchen with a potted plant for my mom and she was very stunned. Albert tells my mom he brought her something else for her birthday too, and points to me standing behind her. Shrieks galore, my mom was clearly very excited to see me.

=D

No comments: