I finally decided to get started with my day around 1130, so I hopped in the shower and made some lunch. Again the afternoon was spent slowly getting ready and watching more episodes of Defying Gravity.
Jon showed up at my house quarter to 6 and we watched a bit of TV before Jerlene came to get us. Luis and Eugenia were in the car as well, and we made our way to the golf course. Ann, Wilson and Kendra were already there. Dinner was served a while after we arrived, buffet style salad, pasta, roast beef, beans and potatoes. A yummy assortment of desserts adorned the table as well.
We went to eBar (as usual), but it was quite dead when we first walked in. There seemed to be the usual stragglers that are sitting by themselves at the table. We found some of the other people from the Christmas party already rockin' it out on the dance floor, so after hanging up our coats and downing some drinks, we joined them.
By about 1130, the bar filled up significantly, and the music got to be much better. This would be the first time we've gone to eBar where the DJ actually PLAYED the songs we requested. Kendra's Ace of Base request was played, so Ann and I went up to request songs as well. Bad Romance and Paper Planes were played right after we requested it, so I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for this DJ whenever we go again.
It was a super fun night out, plus we were all dressed up a bit more than usual, which added to the fun factor. Ann and Wilson left first, so Jon and I shared the cab with Kendra. I learned just how expensive it is to cab it back from downtown to my place ($17!!), so I guess I won't be doing much of that unless I am sharing cabs with people. Yay to Jon for coming, and even bigger yay for him for being such a good sport and dancing all night! (tallest guy in the photo)
No comments:
Post a Comment