Friday, December 11, 2009

Dinner and movie... date!

The post-semester festivities continue with Kendra and I going to dinner and a movie on Thursday.

I had a pretty lazy day at school during the day. Joe was in the lab doing the culinary tests for Vanessa's potatoes, and I sat around getting in everyone's way for most of the day. We stopped at the electric store to pick up short-blow buss fuses, but they didn't seem to fix the problem. There is a short somewhere along the line, but everything is covered up so I'm not sure how I would find out where the problem is. Although, Jon says the compressor is not even starting up, so the problem is early on in the circuit(?)....

Kendra and I went to Hockey Sushi (259 Grange Rd). They have all you can eat for $18.95 Mon-Thurs, but we opted to order from the regular menu instead. The sushi is reasonably priced. I got their 15 piece combo for $9.99 and we split some tempura as well.

Hockey Sushi is pretty good. The rolls are a bit on the small side, but just about the right type of flavourful. Their vegetable tempura seemed to be lacking, as the vegetables were thinly sliced and they didn't have broccoli tempura.

After what was the cheapest sushi dinner outing in my life ($13.50 with tip already included!), we stopped off in Chapters so I could get a calendar book for the new year and Kendra could finish off her Secret Santa gift.

New Moon was playing at 6:55pm and we got to the theatre with a few minutes to spare. The theatre wasn't packed, as the movie's been out for almost a month now, but it definitely was a snicker-fest. The movie was cheese-tastic and Kendra and I basked in the glory of its cheese.

Just like the novel, the movie was absolutely deplorable. Void of any real acting and plot line, the better half of the movie is spent with Bella in utter crushed spirits after Edward leaves her. Can you say lame?

The stand-out scene of the movie, hands down, is when Bella can't stop her motorbike and ends up falling off it and crashing into some rocks off the dirt path. Heroic Jacob comes to the rescue and rips his shirt off to soak up the blood stemming from Bella's hairline.

"It's not even that much blood!" - Kendra

No comments: