Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Baking

All the girls came over on Sunday to do Christmas baking together. Jerlene, Ann and I started off the day at church, before going for lunch at Eggcetra, picking up all the decorating sprinkles and candies at Bulk Barn and heading back to my place.

I had already made the poppy seed loaf dough, so I sliced them up and baked them right away. Ann's gingerbread was made from the night before, so we spent a bunch of time cutting them out into random bears and gingerbread men shapes. I made shortbread as well, and we had fun making cut outs for those as well.

My peppermint bark was also sitting in the freezer from the night before, and I took it out to crack out into pieces. The most expensive cooking I've ever done, the bark cost around $15 for the casserole dish full!

Kendra made sugar cookies, so we had even more cut outs there. The fun part was when they all came out of the oven and we could decorate them. We had white icing, and a whole heck of a lot of sprinkles and candies. Let the fun begin!


Gingerbread men!

Christmas trees for Jean and Angie.

Our random assortment of decorated cookies.

Holiday cookie bags for everyone in Secret Santa.

No comments: