Saturday, December 19, 2009

H1N1

Did I catch swine?!? My daily log of the past few days...

Wednesday:

3:15pm - leave school for orientation at the Canadian Cancer Society.
feeling: fine
4:00pm - arrive at Canadian Cancer Society.
feeling: cold
5:00pm - leave Canadian Cancer Society. Go to bakery to buy poppy seed loaf. Missed the bus.
feeling: fine
5:20pm - catch bus after standing outside for 15 minutes.
feeling: shivery
6:00pm - arrive home.
feeling: cold and crappy
7:00pm - Tory's friend begin filling up the house.
feeling: cold and shitty with a developing headache
9:00pm - house filling with people.
feeling: cold and gross with a moderate headache
10:00pm - Tory's friends are starting to get on their way out.
feeling: DISGUSTING with a pounding headache
11:00pm - bedtime.
feeling: shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt


Thursday:

7:30am - wake up to a pounding headache.
feeling: awful
9:00am - arrive at school.
feeling: even more awful
10:00am - Joe gets in.
feeling: just plain awful
12:00pm - we've already eaten at least 12 potatoes.
feeling: even more awful
3:15pm - arrive home.
feeling: can I get any more awful?
5:15pm - called TeleHealth.
feeling: apparently I can get more awful, severe chest tightness and an awful headache
6:00pm - Jen comes home to drive me to the hospital.
feeling: slightly better, and refusing a trip to the General
7:00pm - eat dinner.
feeling: not bad, but the headache is consistently severe
8:00pm - eat ice cream.
feeling: if I can eat ice cream, I must be better
11:00pm - bedtime.
feeling: not bad, chest pain has lessened


Friday:

8:30am - wake up to go to school.
feeling: lingering headache, little chest pain, nose stuffed and running like a madman
10:30am - shopping at the mall.
feeling: good enough to shop? good enough for me!


Saturday:

8:45am - wake up to go to school.
feeling: stronger headache than yesterday, very sore throat
10:30am - shopping downtown.
feeling: headache-y.


No. I did not get my H1N1 flu shot. I refused to.
If, and that's a big IF, I had H1N1, I certainly got over the brunt of it quickly. Aside from my headache, my symptoms only lasted me a couple hours at best.

Most diseases are the result of medication which has been prescribed to relieve and take away a beneficiant and warning symptom on the part of Nature.
Elbert Hubbard

No comments: