For my birthday a while back, Kendra had gotten me a vegetarian cookbook. Alongside the one I bought for myself over the holidays, I had a lot of new recipes to try.
I already had my own banana-chip muffin (and banana bread) recipe, but I decided to try out the one that's featured in the cookbook.
It was a strange recipe: calling for the wet to be mixed into the dry, and the mashed banana to be incorporated last. Although muffins are always delicious, these ones didn't have the moistness and light texture I enjoy out of my muffins. They were tougher and denser than I like, and I think it's due to overfolding, because (as all bakers know) it's difficult to mix well when the wet is poured into the dry (which is why we don't do this!).
Regardless, my banana bread turned out flawless as usual, and the muffins were still thoroughly enjoyed by a certain someone...