
I didn't watch a lot of the Olympics, because I wasn't home most of the time (and when I am, I'd rather sleep), but I did catch some Men's Snowboard Cross, Pairs Ice Dance, Curling and of course Hockey! I was sporting my blue Wrigley Olympic toque while sitting nerve-wrackingly at the edge of my couch during the Men's gold medal hockey game.
I'm so proud of our Canadian atheletes and how outstandingly well we performed this year!
To recap:
Feb 13 -
- Silver medal for Jennifer Heil in Ladies' Freestyle Skiing Moguls.
- Bronze medal for Kristina Groves in Ladies' Speed Skating 3000m
- Gold medal for Alexandre Bilodeau in Men's Freestyle Skiing Moguls
- Silver medal for Mike Robertson in Men's Snowboarding Cross
- Gold medal for Maelle Ricker in Ladies' Snowboarding Cross
- Silver medal for Marianne St-Gelais in Ladies' 500m Short Track
- Gold medal for Christine Nesbitt in Ladies' 1000m Speed Skating
- Gold medal for Jon Montgomery in Men's Skeleton
- Silver medal for Kristina Groves in Ladies' 1500m Speed Skating
- Gold medal for Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir in Pairs Figure Skating Ice Dance Free Dance
- Gold medal for Ashleigh McIvor in Ladies' Freestyle Skiing Ski Cross
- Bronze medal for Clara Hughes in Ladies' 5000m Speed Skating
- Gold medal for Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse in Ladies' Bobsleigh
- Silver medal for Shelley-Ann Brown and Helen Upperton in Ladies' Bobsleigh
- Silver medal in Ladies' 3000m Relay Short Track
- Gold medal in Ladies' Ice Hockey
- Bronze medal for Joannie Rochette in Ladies' Figure Skating Free Skate
- Silver medal in Ladies' Curling
- Gold medal for Charles Hamelin in Men's 500m Short Track
- Bronze medal for Francois-Louis Tremblay in Men's 500m Short Track
- Gold medal in Men's 5000m Relay Short Track
- Gold medal for Mathieu Giroux, Lucas Makowsky and Denny Morrison in Men's Team Pursuit Speed Skating
- Gold medal for Jasey Jay Anderson in Men's Snowboard Parallel Giant Slalom
- Bronze medal for Lascelles Brown, Dave Bissett, Chris Le Bihan and Lyndon Rush in Men's Bobsleigh
- Gold medal in Men's Curling
- Gold medal in Men's Ice Hockey
We won medals virtually everyday! (exceptions: opening day Feb 12, and Feb 20). With an abundant 26 medals this Olympics showing - 14 gold, 7 silver, 5 bronze - we've outshown all the countries in previous Winter Olympic history by sweeping the gold podium! The previous record was set in 1976 by the Soviet Union, and tied again in 2002 by Russia (13 gold medals). Will we be beat next Winter Games? We'll have to wait until February 7-23, 2014 in Sochi Russia to see...
Nikki Yanofsky - I Believe
No comments:
Post a Comment