I did a pretty good (newb) job at doing an ankle wrap. I took the gauze and wrap bandaging from the first aid kit in the lab, and sat there tediously trying not to stretch my ankle in awkward positions, while working over my now very inflexible body and wrap my ankle up.
The very concerned Jerlene sent me to the walk-in-clinic today to get it checked out. After a 1.5 hour wait, the doctor came in, rolled my ankle for a whole 2 seconds, told me it was a soft tissue injury, got me some sample advil liquidgels and sent me out the door. Not even 2 minutes in the doctor's office. Awesome.
I personally didn't think it was swelling, because I was having no trouble getting my shoes on, but after getting home today from a day of walking around campus (aside from when waiting for the doctor), I noticed the blue tinge to my skin and the MASSIVE swelling around my ankle bone.
"Keep your feet elevated as much as possible. Ice it constantly. Stay off your feet for at least one week."
Damn. There goes my plans for my exercise regimen..
No comments:
Post a Comment