I've had a super busy week this week at school and outside that as well, I haven't had much time to write anything here.
Throughout the week I was training one of the summer students on laboratory work. Laura's working with me the whole summer to help me get all my digestibility assays completed, so it was a long week of accompanying her in the lab getting work done.
Monday: I had an appointment at Estee Lauder for a revamp of skin care for summer.
Tuesday: Walter came over with a guitar and keyboard for a music jamming session. We hammered through quite a few songs and I got to exercise my keyboard (not piano) skills. It made me yearn for a keyboard again.
Wednesday: Diego's thesis defense in the morning followed by some grad lounge drinking. I had a Relay meeting so I had to leave the grad lounge early to make it to that. During the meeting, I was informed salsa night at eBar was cancelled until next week, so I got to head home and make dinner at a unGodly hour... Everyone else went to Diego's house after grad lounge, and then eventually to Doogie's, but I was absolutely exhausted and in no mood to party on a Wednesday night.
Thursday: a free day? really? I spent time in the lab looking for a keyboard. By nightfall, I had made contact with one girl in Cambridge selling one that I am supposed to go see in the morning. Thank goodness for Jerlene and her ability to drive me there...
Friday: Jerlene and I went to Cambridge to look at the keyboard. Given the brand and the price, I pretty much already knew I was going to get the keyboard, but you must always look like you are very much only considering it. We picked it up for cheaper than the listing price, and headed to Party Packagers to get loot gear for Jerlene's birthday dinner that night.
Dinner was at Ben Thanh Viet/Thai out on Woodlawn. I made it to Kendra's where she drove. I got helium balloons, and Jerlene was showered with numerous gifts. Dinner was good, it was actually a decent vietnamese restaurant for once. Good choice! Afterward, we went to Jerlene's where she opened her gifts and chatted. Then we went home.
Saturday: kegger party! Kendra and I went to the mall to pick up a couple things for the 90s party (think: butterfly tattoos and 90s jewelry). Afterward, we spent a couple hours making the music playlist for the party. I clearly spent the larger portion of the rest of the day (and yesterday afternoon) playing around with my new keyboard. Rob came after 9 to take the bus to Ann's, where we got there after 10. The party was fun, flip cup and beer pong galore. Of course Gillian and the twins were there as well so I got to hang out with them again as well.
Sunday: post keg party recovery. I am currently sitting here eating and watching 7th Heaven on my laptop. Awesome...
No comments:
Post a Comment