Sunday, May 30, 2010

BBQ-ing

I watch movies when I don't want to do work...

On Thursday, Kendra and I went shopping. Already, you know what this is about.

I ended up picking up one of those little charcoal BBQs, because it was SUPER DUPER cheap. The one thing I was worried about for this summer, was the fact that we didn't have a BBQ at home. I tried to convince Jen we needed one, but to no avail. Alas, since the regular large propane BBQs wouldn't be worth the money and hassle for me, I opted to get a small sized charcoal one.

Friday, I invite some close friends over to break it in. We had burgers, hotdogs, steak and corn on the barbie. Ya know, just the usual. I cracked open my bottle of white that I brought back from France. A light and sweet tasting white from the Alsace region (Barr, France), it was quite a hit with everyone. Afterward, I opened up the very expensive box of chocolates from la maison du chocolat that I bought in Paris, France. We found "10 Things I Hate About You" playing on YTV (haha I didn't even know YTC still existed!) and kind of vegged out doing nothing on the couch.

I didn't catch it all on TV, so I just ended up downloading it to catch the parts I missed. Cute movie, very typical of the rom-com category. I like watching Joseph Gordon-Levitt (since my 3rd Rock days...) so it was interesting to see him in something from around that time period again. Oh, how young he looks...

The movie leaves a lot to be desired, but it's reminiscent of She's All That, another movie released the same year. I think it was the breakout movie role for Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger as well. Of course, given the time period and the type of movie it was...

No comments: