I've caught some of the FIFA fever because I actually do like soccer a lot.
I finally attended one of the soccer games. Kendra and I made it to Wednesday's game, despite the weather. It was initially canceled, but everyone wanted to play because the rain went away, so we all made our way to the UG fields at 6. A little warm up underway and we started a game. With a final total of 12 people, we shrunk the field a bit and played 6 on 6. 2 hours later, we called it a game, I believe the final score being 6-3.
Kendra and I got into 2 too many scuffles, actually taking each other down each time. But it's all in the spirit of the game and we had a blast playing. My new soccer cleats were disgusting by the end, with about an inch of mud stuck to the bottom and in between my cleats. Awesome.
Soccer was fun but absolutely exhausting! I really need to get in shape...
No comments:
Post a Comment