Wednesday, June 23, 2010

FIFA 2010

So I've been doing quite a bit of soccer watching lately, but who hasn't? Soccer fever has hit the world, as it does every 4 years like a frenzy.

Groups A - D are done now, and it has been a whirlwind amount of games in the last 2 days.

A well deserved win to Uruguay, although I admit I didn't watch that match. Instead I chose to watch FRA-RSA because I so desperately hoped South Africa would pull through. Unfortunately not, and they became ( I think) the first hosts to fall victim in the first elimination round. A hug disappointment I'm sure, for South Africa.

I didn't watch the entire GHA-GER game today, because I had an appointment, but an intense match to say the least. Ghana was playing really well, but fell short of the win. However they still advance, which is awesome. Australia won their match as well, but was cut because of the GF/GA statistic. Sucky, because I have a soft spot for the land down under. I guess I'll just have to secretly root for the kiwis now...

Of course we can't forget the wonderful country of Argentina who have yet to be defeated. With only 1 GA, Argentina seems by far the favourite to win. Especially in my department, where we're chock full of Argentinians.

It's been a wicked start to FIFA, and I'm super excited for the next couple days for the eliminations in groups E-H.

2 comments:

Liana said...

YAY SOFT SPOT FOR THE LAND DOWNUNDER! <3

Stephanie said...

OF COURSE!!!! <3 xoxo