Sunday, January 31, 2010

Manhattans Pizza Bistro

Kendra and I went to Manhattans last night for drinks. We thought about having dinner there too, but with just the 2 of us, drinks was a better idea. Also, $4 martinis. Oh yeah..

We walked from my place and got there some time after 9. There was an art showing that night so the place was buzzing with people. A live jazz-y type act was there for the night as well, so we got to listen to a great singer for a couple hours. I'm sure a lot of the people in the restaurant were friends of the artists.

The restaurant portion closed at 11, and the number of people inside significantly dwindled. The guy sitting next to me started chatting with us about anything and everything under the sun. Clearly very intoxicated, he knocked over his beer and proceeded to hit me on several occasions (by hit I mean lightly and jokingly, but clearly very drunkenly). They were friends of the band, just in Guelph for the night, but had lived here before and went to school here as well.

Since the place was winding down, the owner came by a couple times to buy us shooters. They were called "tralala boom-di-ay" (or something to this effect). Nevertheless, I can't seem to find this shooter recipe on the internet, but it was most likely Kahlua and tequila. Very strong. Very good.

I really liked the feel coming from Manhattans. Clearly a very popular place, but still flying under the radar, Kendra and I agreed that the next time we go, we'll have to get a bigger group of people and order one of the delicious looking pizzas.

No comments: