Monday, November 14, 2011

Sloppy "joes"

I had a couple meals planned for the weekend and I was glad to make these vegetarian sloppy joes.

I've only had sloppy joes once in my life. And even the likeliness of that event is hazy. I can't remember where it was I had it, for what reason and who (on earth) would have made it for me.

Regardless, it always looked like a ridiculously messy-licious meal so I wanted to make it. This vegetarian version has lentils instead of ground beef. It uses pasta sauce, mustard and chili powder. I added some ketchup to it also, just to up the flavour.


The result? Delicious on a bun. I actually really enjoyed this and there is also a lot leftover (I made over a cup of lentils).

Definitely suggest everyone try this out and I think you won't miss the meat at all.

After dinner, we went out to the Pennywhistle to meet Rob and celebrate his defense. His Ph.D. went well and we met up for a couple beers. I didn't know any of the people but it was still a good crowd and there were definitely interesting conversations going around.

Congrats Rob!