The last few days went by quickly. We were winding down and starting to organize suitcases for the packing fiasco that was barreling towards us at lightning speed.
I was finally able to get time away from my parents, so I spent it shopping by myself at the nearby Olympian City.
I got some time to myself, to think, and to really look at/buy things I wanted.
I got to have Japanese for lunch and bought a few things for myself. That made my happy.

My happiness is always shortlived, we were having dinner with some people I didn't know that evening.
My uncle had us meet him at the mall above the Mong Kok East station. We walked around for a bit and he showed me Goldfish Street (金魚街) before heading to the restaurant.
Lucky me, we were at a seafood restaurant. A large portion of the dinner was seafood, aka. food for me!
How do you buy your goldfish?
The family that invited us to dinner was my uncle's oldest (and youngest) daughter's godparents. They have two sons who were also there, the older married one also had his wife in tow. Among others, there was my aunt, uncle, the newlyweds, my aunt's sisters and one of the kids and husband.
We were a big table, and I was paired to sit next to my cousin (who came a bit late). On my other side was one of the godparents' kids. Turns out he went to UC Riverside, so we had a somewhat intellectual conversation. He was in business, so I clearly we had no real business delving into each other's respective fields.
Dinner was good and it was nice to see everyone before we left in a couple days.
October 7
If memory serves me right, this was the day we had dimsum with my aunt and her side of the family that was in town. After that, we walked Olympian City (again for me) before calling it a day some time mid afternoon. The evening was taken up with my uncle once more, where he took us to Carp Channel (鯉魚門).
It is so named, because the street only contains two types of stores:
- restaurants, and
- fish markets
All fish markets also have very large very old karp. A few of the fishmongers were fond of showing me that if you threw a small fish in the air towards them, these humongous fish would jump up with lightning speed to catch and eat it.
I. Was. Terrified.
Anyways, we walked the street and my uncle showed it all to me. We were waiting for my cousin to arrive to pick the food and a restaurant. He phoned to say he was near, so we picked out our food and picked a restaurant.
Oh. Right. I should explain that.
The restaurants don't actually have any food in terms of protein. Their service is, a chef to cook your meal. Your meal, being what you purchase at the fish market.
Let me explain via photos.
You choose what you want to eat from the tanks (above and above)...
Then they bring them to the restaurant in bags...

Then they cook them all up for you the way you like!
Sooooo delicious I was definitely seafood bellied for a couple days! =)