Thursday, November 10, 2011

Broccoli soup

I received some of the final edits on my thesis from Al this weekend so I was busy working on that. Finishing it mid-afternoon meant there was plenty of time for me to whip up a delicious dinner for the evening.

The broccoli at the store this past weekend wasn't the greatest, but I wanted to eat it so I went with a soup instead.

I made a cauliflower soup a the week before and didn't like it that much. Roasting the florets didn't help up the flavour profile and I much prefer cauliflower in my gratin or curry.

I do, however, enjoy my broccoli all buzzed up into soup form.

I thought I'd go with something simple that I've (semi-)made before: potato broccoli soup. I amped it up with some spring onions too, but it turns out I didn't like the sharpness it added.


Plus a little baguette on the side. Perfect dinner!

Of course, dinner is never complete without dessert and Adam's incessant *whining* about pie resulted in a freshly baked one.

I certainly do enjoy making this pie though. It's relaxing to make, aside from the initial makings and the crust-in-pan development.