I previously made this cake (See: chocolate cake and quesadillas) and it was such a hit among Adam and my friends, that I stuck it in the "definitely make again" list. Seeing this as a good enough opportunity, I baked it up in my springform so I could get a round flat top cake for a good decorating surface.
Using classic vanilla buttercream, I tested out my offset spatula for the first time. I am still getting the hang of it, but it wasn't the best. I think I should have gotten the size up, because although I could smooth out the top great, I had to go over it twice, which led to inconsistencies in my surface and a painstaking amount of frustration on my part.
I also need to learn to let my cakes cool some more before popping my springform pan. My impatience always leads to ripped edges and the need to double crumb coat sometimes.
I decided to draw out room 2315 and the time that Chris was on his organophosphate slide. I double checked that I had the correct structure of paraoxon before piping the design onto the 'slide'.
Anyways, back to the evening. Pre drinking was at Jason's before we all headed downtown to eBar to get our dancing groove on. Unfortunately, we didn't stay out super late because we had to head to Toronto the next morning.