Tuesday, August 02, 2011

London calling

So it's been a crazy busy week (not really, but sort of...).

Peter stopped by this past weekend on his 'Canadian' tour on his way home from London. Without bringing presents from London, I was disappointed (haha jokes Peter!) but I sure was glad to see him.

With a massive bag of chocolate chip cookies awaiting him at home, plus popcorn and a nice homemade sandwich, he dug right in during our game of Settlers of Catan!

Adventure #1: The missing Greyhound station

We go to the Greyhound station only to find it was demolished. Where oh where are we picking up the cellphone-less Peter? Thankfully, good folks at the Cornerstone knew exactly how to direct me to the empty parking lot slash temporary Greyhound station.

Successful capture of the London-ite!

Adventure #2: Brunch at Eggcetra

I love Eggcetra, although I haven't been since I stopped eating meat. How I quickly forgot that almost everything on their menu came with meat. -le sigh- I ordered eggs and pancakes a la carte.

Adventure #3: the Arboretum fr-olf course

Really? It exists? We went for a nice leisurely stroll in the Arboretum to showcase some of the beauty of Guelph, when we happened upon the fr-olf course. I didn't know it existed, and didn't know fr-olf existed until just a couple weeks ago when happening upon it in the Wii Sports Resort games. Unfortunately, we were sans-frisbee that day. Another time!

Adventures #4: Bulk Barn!

Candy was the #1 priority, and it was successfully satisfied with a trip to Bulk Barn. Massive candy gumball aside, we scored a whole kilogram of Skittles, nomnomnom!

Sadly, Peter had to go back to Toronto on his way to the next stop, Ottawa. We shall meet again my friend!