Thursday, May 20, 2010

EuroTrip Day 6: Lyon

May 2

I had to leave Bruxelles a lot earlier than Peter, my train to Lyon was first thing in the morning. I ventured out in the rain to the train station where I met a lovely couple from Toronto who was also making the same train route as me.

The term "pay it forward" was thrown around a lot that day, as I wasn't allowed to pay for anything.

After parting ways when arriving in Lyon, we headed our separate ways to our hotels, joking around that we might run into each other on the streets. Funny thing because we actually did, and I ended up touring the city with them together the rest of the day.

Being in Lyon, being the food capital of the world, meant that we went out for a good meal that night. My first night in France and I had a 3 course meal that I could NOT, for the life of me, finish. After spending a week in Europe and hardly eating more than a meal or two a day, stuffing myself to the tune of a French meal just wasn't working out. I had a fish souffle and couldn't even finish that because of how much my stomach had shrank in the days prior.

Unfortunately my camera SD card decided to corrupt itself in my camera the day after Lyon so I currently don't have the photos from here. Hopefully someone at the photography store can fix it and save all my photos, as most of Bruxelles and all of Lyon are on there... =(

Unfortunately, the plan was to complete #76 of my DayZero list in this city, when I ventured across the river mapless and was set to explore, but I happened upon the Toronto couple again and couldn't find my way back. I however, did get lost and wander around. And when I was with the couple, I certainly did not quite know where I was going. So therefore, check!

No comments: