Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 2-4

It's the Victoria long weekend, and we all know what that means... planting season!

Jen and Bruce took me with them to Terra Greenhouses on Wednesday, so I could get my fill of plants. I ended up picking up a whole flat of 4 cell vegetable packs. This would be ON TOP of all the plants I bought at the Social Committee plant sale on Tuesday. In total I had 2 full flats of vegetables available to me to plant, but not really that huge of a backyard... uh oh...

There's a lot going on in my garden, so I'll start with the top of the photo and work downwards left to right...

  • green and yellow beans
  • potatoes
  • green and red swiss chard
  • rocket arugula
  • snow peas
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • chinese nappa (siew choy)
  • sicilian zucchini
  • spinach
  • butternut squash
  • plum crimson tomatoes
  • jumbo stuff peppers
The stuff lining the left hand side of the photo, at the edge of the garden is Jen's stuff. We have chives and parsley so far, and there are interspersed spaces I left for her to plant her basil when she returns.

I can't wait for them to start growing veggies for me to eatttt =) (#91 on my DayZero list).

No comments: