Friday, October 28, 2011

United Way baked goodness

Every year, my university has a campus wide Fall semester campaign to raise money for United Way. It's sort of a competition between departments/colleges on campus where we each have campaigning goals to reach. I always partake in the events that involve food and prizes. This one had both.

Jeremy and Greta came over to make some delicious treats to have at our International Coffee Break.

Greta wasn't going to make anything but Jeremy was stoked about these oreo chocolate truffle things. Whatevs, I can help him make stuff but am not in charge of what he wanted to make. I, however, wanted to make a Linzer torte.

blackberry Linzer torte bars


There were some mistakes made but I'd say they turned out great! My tortes were a little denser than I think they're supposed to be, but I used all whole wheat flour to make it a little bit healthier. The oreo truffles turned into white chocolate oreo truffles, but they worked fantastic.

We also raised over $300 for United Way with our coffee break! Go us!