Needless to say, the night at home was a pretty good write off. I got as far as entering my all data into my spreadsheet, but have yet to actually do ANY of the analysis. The cleaning lady was home when I got back home, and I ate some food and we chatted a bit while I did my much-procrastinated ironing and finished season 2 of SATC.
After she left I popped in a movie. Because I can't remember the last time I sat in the comforts of my own home and watched a movie by myself.It's Complicated.
An interesting movie, with very randomly interjected comic relief. I'm torn between saying it was good and saying it was awful. I'll leave it at the fact that I'm glad I didn't pay to watch it in theatres.
I love Meryl Streep's acting, and Steve Martin is quite the funny character, but something about this movie just didn't hit the spot. Whether it's the fact that the movie actually has quite a serious undertone to it, or the fact that there isn't strong development of character roles, it just felt like something was a miss. I think scene I enjoyed best was the graduation party where all 3 adults and the fiance, Harley, decide to blaze up. Who said the older adults are stiff.
The movie was great for spending a Saturday night at home in comfort clothes, but not one I am raving about for the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment