Monday, March 22, 2010

Apartment 58

Kendra and I needed a night out this weekend, so Saturday we headed out to Apartment 58. One of the classier bars in town, I was excited that I got to dress up to go out. Especially given I missed the College Royal Ball because no one told me they were going.

We went over my thesis proposal quickly during pre-imbibing, and agreed on the slides that were rather unnecessary. After some relaxing, we walked to A58.

The thing with Guelph's bar scene, is it's definitely designed for those who live in Guelph or in surrounding areas. A lot of places don't actually have (visible) signs advertising where they are located. I knew about Apartment 58 from last semester by word of mouth, but it was located on a street that I frequent a lot but never noticed. That would be because it is located on the second floor above some other clubs, and there is only a stairwell with 2 guys standing in front of it. Sketch? You'd think...

Upstairs, it was a sea of cocktail dresses and men in suits. Whaaat? Good thing we dressed up, because jeans definitely would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

The music was old school and fantastic. It was like a MM Video Dance, with the 2 screens above a section of the booths showcasing the oddities of 90s dance music videos. We both loved the music, and danced up a storm. The DJ pretty much played all Lady Gaga's tracks... fantabulous!

Apartment 58: fun, fun and more fun! definitely a place to go to again.