Monday, September 12, 2011

Toronto

So I took a little trip in to Toronto for the weekend for some quality cousin time and for some prior engagements.

Friday night took me to a Pampered Chef party at Heather's, where I quickly learned / already knew I was far too poor to afford the kitchen gadgetry I would love to have.

After a day organizing the BBQ, an exhausting trip on the Greyhound and then the kitchen party, we cleaned up enough to be able to sleep. Too bad the noise coming from the streetcar and construction down below were enough to keep me tossing and turning all night. I uncomfortably woke up and got ready to head to my cousin's.

We went to lunch at Fresh (Queen and Richmond) and dessert at Le Gourmand. I had to go to MEC to get a travel pillow, so we walked there, then to Nathan Phillips, then to St. Lawrence market and oh so many other places. My feet were screaming and so we sat for a while before going to take the tube at Union.

Dinner was in Scarborough, and our other cousin ditched our celeb spotting adventure, so we scrapped it and stayed home to watch chinese movies instead.

Quality family time was had and I headed home with an ample supply of moon cakes for one person.