Last week was my department's Christmas party, and this week is Adam's.
It was a long day for me, as it started before 8am. The girls and I planned breakfast at Cora's at 8am, so Jerlene came to pick me up just before that. Ann and Wilson were already there and I was surprised that there weren't actually that many tables that were seated already. It didn't seem to pick up much more during our time there either..
I didn't like Cora's that much. The food was good, but I wouldn't go back. It was very heavily focused on the fruit portion of breakfast, which I think is great, but what I really wanted was my pancakes and eggs for breakfast. They don't have 'a la carte' on their menu so I couldn't just order my pancakes and eggs, and all their other set breakfast choices included ham, sausage, bacon or something that I couldn't have.
I ended up getting french toast, and it didn't come at all like how I was expecting. My toast wasn't dipped in egg and fried, it looked like it was just regular toast and topped with a HUGE amount of fruit. Don't get me wrong, the (essentially) fruit platter was delicious, but I wanted some subsistence to my breakfast, which I felt like I didn't get.
I had to last until lunch...
Lunch was a meeting with Martin Harry, the Eastern Marketing Manager for SeCan. SeCan is responsible for sponsoring the other scholarship I won this semester. As part of their campaign with the scholarship, Martin comes up from Ingersoll to personally hand me my scholarship cheque. There is also a press release written up about me, complete with photos and everything. And of course Martin takes me for lunch so we can chat. We went to Gryphon's Lounge, where I probably will never go again. There wasn't anything vegetarian on the menu, so I was so glad when she told me their special was a 'brie melt' and I would be okay for food. Unfortunately, she put real bacon on my caesar salad, so I had to pick that off. I couldn't get it all, so I eventually had to eat some bacon too, but that was disappointing.
The evening was full of being sober around lots of very UNsober people, aka. the MCB Christmas party. At the Italian club, we had to drive there. The plan was, Adam would drive us there, but he would drink, so I would drive home. And drink he did. Michael ended up dumping the contents of his entire flask into his glass of coke.
Class-y.
The dinner wasn't that great, as Adam's chicken looked super dry. The vegetarian meal was pretty yummy, but by no means was it scrumptious. The food from the Delta last week was a lot better. Regardless, after dinner, dessert and more prizes, the dance floor opened up and therein began the shit-show. It wasn't as bad as it was made out to be and that I expected though. As much as people were quite drunk, I'm sure the ridiculous antics didn't start until they all got to Apartment 58. We could fit another 3 people in the car, so I drove downtown to discover it was $5 cover to get into 58. Adam didn't really want to go, and I couldn't justify the $10 for 30 minutes inside, so we went home, much to Chris' disappointment.
A text at 2am from Chris mentions how we are his favourite. Awww yay! For that, Chris is the main feature of the photos in today's post. Enjoy! =]