Friday, July 02, 2010

Canada Day @ Grand Bend

We were lucky enough to be able to get out of Guelph for the day, and spend it at the beach. We went to Grand Bend, which is on Lake Huron (~2hours away) and it was absolutely gorgeous there. I've always heard that there are beautiful beaches in Ontario, but because I had yet to actually go to one, I couldn't attest to that statement.

The beaches are long but narrow, with a lot of wild grasses crowding out the beautiful white sand.


We spent the majority of the day at the Pinery, playing random sports and games and eating BBQ. We went for walks and talked, and lazed around in the sun soaking colour into our skin.

By early evening, we called it quits because we wanted to head into Grand Bend to grab some food before making the 2 hour drive back.

We got back to Guelph by 845, with plenty of time to make it to Riverside Park. We found prime parking in the Arby's parking lot across the street and made out way to the hill to grab a spot to see the fireworks. We were all in separate cars, so we ended up all in different parts of the park. Ann and Wilson found Jerlene, Luis and I where we caught the fireworks together. Heather's group ended up on the other side of the park and Kendra was still walking from her parking spot when the show started.

The fireworks were set of very close together, so I couldn't get a decent photo of all the fireworks at one time. This is about the best I could do, but I've got a good chunk of video for the show as well.

Happy Canada Day everyone!

No comments: