Jerlene came to pick me up early Saturday morning for the drive out to Toronto. We made our breakfast pitstop at Denny's on Hurontario before heading all the way out east. I got to Ray's place some time after 10am, where we did a little clean up before heading out for the day.
We went to Pacific Mall where we wandered around looking at random things before going to lunch. I don't know the name of the place we went, but it was a bubble tea restaurant, which there are many of in Toronto). The slush was pretty good, and the food was cheap so it was nice. After lunch we went to Vaughn Mills to shop. I got a really warm zip up hoodie and Ray got some jeans. We perused the stores to find him a high pop collar zip up to no avail, so we ditched and went to pick up Jenny.
At Jenny's, I met Remi, where she proceeded to "learn" me by smelling my crotch. Interesting... We left afterward, with Jenny, to pick Winnie up from the store. The next stop after we had everyone in the car was Sharon's mom's place for dinner. Kean, Sharon and Linda were also there for dinner, so it was definitely a packed house. There was lots of food to be eaten and by far not enough people to manage, but it was delicious nontheless.
The Tiesto concert was beginning at 9pm, so we headed out some time after 8pm. We needed to get coffee into Ray's system so we found the Tim Horton's by the airport and took a long break there. We arrived at Arrow Hall around 930 and found a massive line up that was starting to wrap around the building. It took about 10-15 minutes to get into the building, as the line was moving steadily.
The man at the wristband station was a total jerk to me and wouldn't let me in with my Alberta license. The house rules said either an Ontario issued piece of ID or a passport were the only accepted forms of identification. I had a massive fit and ended up yelling random smart alec comments around and argued with security guards. Eventually I found a security guard who thought it was ridiculous of them to not give me a wristband, and helped me get in line to secure my ticket to drinking.
The concert was absolutely amazing. Although the hall wasn't full to the max, it was more than enough people to make a raunchy stench as you got closer to the stage. Winnie and I managed to get very near the front - there were probably about 5 rows of people in front of us. I was surprised at how unwilling people were to move for people walking by. Even as we made our way back out, it wasn't an easy path.
Tiesto is HOT in person.
I've always thought he wasn't the hottest of DJs because his photos always make him lot sort of odd. But actually seeing him from 10 feet away really puts his pictures to shame. I really think he should fire his photographer.
Anyways, Tiesto came out roughly around 1130 when I was in line for my beer. Winnie went out with my camera to get photos of his grand appearance. I downed my tall boy so we could leave the designated drinking area and scope out a better view of Tiesto.
The night was definitely a huge success. I had fun spending the majority of the day with Ray, since it's been a long time since we've had alone time together. Dinner with my extended family was a lot of fun because I get along quite well with these cousins. Nuit Blanche was definitely a whole new experience - eating hot dogs and going to museums and galleries at 3am. And of course the concert was absolutely mind-blowing. Steve Aoki is coming to Guelph on Wednesday of this week and I'm supposed to be headed out to that as well. I am super excited because these techno concerts are fantastically amazing. =D

No comments:
Post a Comment