Highlights of the week? There's a few I guess:
- Late awakenings. I realized on Tuesday afternoon that the reason why I have been taking so long to get ready in the mornings, is because my night table clock was an exact hour slower than real time. I was expected at school at 830 that morning, but somehow even after waking up at 645, I would find that it was 815 when I got to the kitchen... I thought it was because I didn't sleep until 2am the night before and I was just delusional, but it was good to find out that it was technology that failed me that time.
- Grad Lounge Trivia on Wednesday night. After an absolutely atrocious first round, we came back to win the second. Thank goodness that John finally arrived. The prize was $15 to the Grad Lounge, so in celebration we got a pitcher of beer.
- Real farming. It's been a cold week here in Ontario but it doesn't stop farming. I spent 1.5 days grading the potatoes that have already been harvested from my plot and spend the afternoon of the second day actually harvesting. We have custom machinery to harvest one row at a time, so it takes quite a while to get through. It was cold out, my hands were freezing, and my ears felt on the verge of developing frostbite. And it was just a mild 5C outside. Damn Ontario and their humid weather.
- I finished reading Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (#93 on my DayZero list). It was an unsatisfying ending, which is heavily prompting me to buy the other 4 novels to this "trilogy".
See you on the flip side!
No comments:
Post a Comment