My brother and I headed out to Lucky13 around 930 that night, and got there before 10. The place was about half full, which was perfect considering I wasn't planning on having a ridiculously rowdy evening.
A while after we arrived, Justin, Josh and Greg got there and we ended up snagging a table by the bar. Soon afterward, James and Dan showed up as well.
My brother and his friend left around 11 to hit up a house party, so it was just my friends and I. After one too many drinks, it was nearing midnight and 2008 was coming to a close. The club was about 3/4 full by this point, and it was very loud and drunk inside. The bar gave away free bottles of champagne to each person just in time for the countdown, and that was clearly a bad idea for me to collect on mine, and my brother's... but I still managed to make it home without a hangover the next day. =)
I eventually left the club some time after 2am. So my experience of ringing in the new year at a club wasn't half bad. I enjoyed myself much more than I expected. Hopefully that's a reflection on how the rest of 2009 will pan out for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment