Presents were opened the next morning and I got some pretty cool stuff. Not as many gifts under the tree as years past, since everyone is giving red pockets nowadays, but there were still plenty to go around and a big garbage bag full of wrapping paper by the end. The rest of Christmas day was pretty tame, just relaxing at home reading the new books that I bought (Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series! woohoo!).
Boxing day, I headed over to Reid's place for board game (Zombies!) and drinking night. The zombies (my team) lost the game, then we broke out the RockBand skills and rocked out for a couple hours. I was pooped by about 1am, so we headed home and that was the end of the night.
The next day (27th): Gail, Tyler, James, Greg and I headed to snow valley. I was re-learning skiing with Greg teaching, Gail was practicing, and Tyler was teaching James to board. It was a beautiful day out, only -5 the entire day, and I think I managed to learn a few things that day. The next trip to snow valley was the 30th, where Gail and I hit the slopes again for more practice. Heather came along to ski with me, and I managed to gather enough courage to head down the main hill that goes right off the chairlift. Tyler, James and Mike joined us on the hill for some boarding practice, and we also ran into Clement and Roger that night as well. The second trip to snow valley was when I hit the learning curve. I fell less, learned to control my carving that much better, and was stopping more consistently and confidently. The $500 spent on all my ski equipment was the best investment I could possibly imagine. I was prepared for the Panorama 2009 trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment