Monday, April 25, 2011

Saoirse Ronan

It was a weekend full of this young starlet. We watched Atonement at home Friday night and the new 'thriller' Hanna at the theatre on Saturday.

I've seen Atonement before, but because I didn't know the plotline beforehand, I was semi-confused throughout. We were shopping at Winners Friday night when I saw it was going for $3! Of course, I bought it, and we watched it that night. Great movie, and despite not being able to understand like 25% of what Kiera Kinightley says, it's still good. Saoirse plays the younger sister Briony, who tells a lie as a child and it ends up altering her entire family's lives. She spents the rest of her life trying to atone for her actions.

Hanna is the other movie we watched Saturday night at the theatre that came out a couple weeks ago. I've been wanting to see it , but laziness prevented us last weekend.

The story of a super-operative, trained to kill a CIA operative who is on the hunt for her, I actually quite enjoyed it. It's not my typical type of movie (gory and violent), but it just looked so intriguing.

The only thing I didn't like is the lack of explanation (and reality) in altering the DNA of unborn fetuses to make them stronger, fear less, and be the ultimate super soldier. Can you say unrealistic?

Fun fact: Saoirse's name is pronounced "sersha". Whaaaaaaat?!?!?!?!