Thursday, August 12, 2010

School!

It's been a busy week!

Monday: I was interviewed by one of the communications people on campus for the newsletter AtGuelph. I had completely forgot about it, so I wore the stupidest of all shirts this day. A complete "fmylife" moment, as he needed photos of me for the article.

Tuesday: Potato Research Day at Elora Research Station, I was scheduled for a presentation. Although not a scientific meeting, it still marks my first public presentation on my work, in a setting outside the department/school.

Wednesday: I had to weed my plot site at Simcoe today without any help because everyone was seconded to the daffodil plot. Difficult! It was super hot and it was super weedy. But at the end of the day, I was able to pick up a big bag of peaches and edamame beans to take home. Rob stopped by later too and dropped of a bunch of ears of corn for me too. Yay!

Thursday: The social committee hosting the annual summer BBQ today, there was a ton of work to do. I decided to sleep in a bit after a few early starts this week already. I got everything packed up and loaded in Gale's car as we zip over to the GTI to set up. It was super busy and I was running around trying to get everything done and keep everyone pre-occupied with games after the BBQ. I'd say it was a success as everyone had a good time, and a couple of the prizes of wine were cracked open in the intense heat.

Friday: yay for tomorrow and going to the cottage! I'm excited to spend the weekend at the lake soaking up some sun and relaxing!