Monday, August 03, 2009

August Long pt.1: David's Going Away

On Friday, David had a party at his house before he moves. He invited us all over for a bbq and general drinking and partying before he leaves the country for the next year. He's headed to Macau to teach chinese to chinese kiddies... interesting.

Anyhow, Gail had lasik the day before, so I had to swing by and pick her up. We only stayed for a couple hours, because Gail had to go home and rest her eyes and put in the cocktail of eye drops into her eyes.

I baked cookies before I left, because everyone was wanting my cookies. I packed them all into bags for everyone. When I got to David's and gave Stefan his bag, he finished them in about 15 minutes, then came back to me asking me for James' bag because "James said I could have his". I didn't believe him, but I also knew James wasn't coming, so I brought my extra bag in and he devoured them again in another 10 minutes.

A bunch of interesting things happened that night.
  • People playing chinese drinking games
  • Playing Pyramid as a drinking game
  • A very drunk Jim winning numerous pots in poker
  • A very drunk Jim throwing up during poker
  • Me sucking at dealing in poker
I now see why there are poker games at Wei's house often. My friends are so rowdy when it comes to poker and drinking. My ears were still ringing when I left!

No comments: